Thursday, July 17, 2014

My Subscription Addiction: RocksBox (July 2014)

RocksBox is a jewelry subscription service that I just started to try out.

They send you a box of 3 pieces of jewelry “specially chosen for you” by a “stylist.”  (The quotes are there because I take everything I read with a grain of salt!) They can be necklaces, earrings, bracelets or rings, as you indicate on the survey you fill out when you join. You can also choose general styles and colors. You wear the three pieces as little or as much as you want, and then you return it to RocksBox.  The  day after they receive your box back, they send you a new box of 3 pieces of jewelry.  The cost for this is $19 a month, which is less than many people spend on one piece of jewelry. You can also purchase any of the jewelry you want to keep at 20% off the retail price.

This is my first box:



What you see there is: 1) Hammered Sterling Silver Drop Earrings by Charlene K; 2) Cecily Necklace in Yellow, by Urban Gem; and 3) Taner Bar Small Necklace in Sterling, by Gorjana.  Each piece had a retail price of $50 or $60.


I absolutely LOVED both Sterling pieces. They will go with anything. I was not crazy about the yellow statement necklace. The color was too neon, and it looked more like a $12.99 necklace from Rue 21 than a designer piece, in my opinion. I decided that I was going to wear each piece twice. (Interestingly enough, I got lots of compliments on the yellow necklace, even from strangers.)

First, I wore both Hammered Silver pieces to the KISS and Def Leppard concert:


I wore the yellow statement necklace for a shopping day.


Then, I wore the hammered silver again, with a dress I got from my Gwynnie Bee subscription.


Finally, I wore the yellow one to work, with one of my own dresses. This is where I got the most compliments, so even though I was not crazy about this necklace, it was a success after all!


Now, I've sent this box back and am waiting for my second one. Remember, it's $19 per month, not per box, so you can get as many boxes as you can handle!

Do you think you'd like to try this service?  If you copy and past the link below into your brower, you get a month FREE!!  And you can cancel any time if you don't like it! You don't lose anything by trying, and you might LOVE IT!

http://curebit.com/x/mH7k9s

(Disclaimer: I'm not a model, but I play one on blogspot!)

No comments:

Post a Comment